so close, yet so far

Dobepip

Found this on net, I feel sad...
sad.gif

socloseyetsofarbysubterfugemal1.jpg

Here is the artist's comments:

Originally posted by artist's comments
This was taken sometime last year, during my visit to my mom's hometown. There's this beach not far away, so it's a must visit everytime we go back. As I was walking along the side of the beach, admiring its beauty, I came upon this little fish. And it made me feel so sad. It reminded me of those news of the death of people not far from home. Not too long ago, a very young girl, not more than 10 years old, was raped, then murdered while she was on the way back home from a shop, school girls coming back from school, also raped and murdered, the recent tsunami event, where this bus driver was having picnic with his family, and when the waves came in, and he lost 5 of his kids, car accidents that just happen when home is only a few blocks away.. a few minutes away from the people we love.

Death is something I fear alot. And it is never expected. That is why despite how angry I am with my mom, or dad, or my friends, or boyfirend, or anyone else for that matter, I ALWAYS apologize not long after, because we might not see them again, or they might not see us again. I always make sure that each time I leave home, I kiss my mother, and hug her ever so tightly. Never leave home without some lovin, cause we will never know what might happen.

I know this is something sad to think about, but so many of us take for granted of our lives, of the people we love, the people we care about, or the people who care about us. Life is fragile, it can be taken away, anytime or anywhere, and to anyone. Appreciate yourself and appreciate others, while there is still a chance.

Love,
Anna