Cloze test

bibiut

These are for fun definitely ^^
Why don't try correct & improve your grammar + vocab ?
Saying & writing English slang isn't really a good thing especially when it comes to formal essays [doesn't mean you are good at English either , THAT'S NOT ENGLISH ].

nick_iloveyou

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know that, it just be helpful in your exam :-?? ... I mean that vob and grammar are important too. So... will this topic can be appeared? Or we should close it on somehow? I dun no

Mai Vy

e, don't close this topic, i think it is a great fun to read and try out those close tests. though i haven't posted any answers yet, guess i'm to slow for you guys,
and of course, it does help you improve your Eng, thank you, Roky
to the ones that are oh-so-cool-and-good-at-english, if you don't think it can help you at anything then don't read it, it's just that simple, nobody asked you anyway,
sorry, i'm just kind of mad that someone thinks they are so great and show off ( you can deny it but you know you are) >:P >:P
and i went to this school too, nice to meet you all

bibiut

Is there really someone showing off here ? :emlaugh:
Ye this is fun, so don't close it anyhow.
Well then, why don't we start in with another new one (found somewhere on the net , site for ESL learning, go do a Goo-ing search) !!! Hope you all will enjoy ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing words:kinds, to, century, played, own, by, instrument, with, by, being, over

The guitar has a long history. The Ancient Egyptians (1)... simple stringed instruments, and the Greeks and Romans also made music (2)... plucking strings by their fingers. The first true guitar music came during the 15th (3)... in Spain. At first it was an (4)... for poor people and travelling musicians, but soon rich people all(5)... Europe were learning to play the guitar.

The guitar travelled far and fast. When Cortes reached Mexico in the 16th century he had a guitar player (6)... his soldiers. A century later, the guitar was (7)... played all over South America. The Spanish Americans made some changes to the instrument and developed their (8)... style of playing. In North America new (9)... of music, jazz and popular music especially, led (10)... new kinds of guitar. In the modern world there are 4 main (11)... of guitar: the classical, the flamenco, the steel stringed and electric guitars.

littleboy_vn88

<div class='quotetop'>Trích dẫn(Roky @ May 19 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]49918[/snapback]</div>
Yes, I dun diny that. It's just for esperience ^__^ , I've told u already on da top of that page :)
[/b]

@Roky: experience not esperience , ok?

@bibiut: u think this topic is funny , LOL i dont see anything here funny ! And u think slang isnt good , but i think its so funny LOL.

I agree with benjamin that this topic cant improve ur ENG . That's all!

Mai Vy

To littleboy_vn88: e, then what the heck are you doing here? we don't ask for your opinion, certaintly not you sarcasm, thank you very much
get the hell out of here,
To bibiut: i'm not sure, but i think you gave us on wrong word, maybe you should check it, or maybe i'm just plain wrong, sorry hehe :

bibiut

Eeeek ... Could you guys please stop criticizing each other ??? Stop fighting , eh !!! :gem4:
Get on with the main topic , please ! Have you all got the answer for that little test above ?

@littleboy_vn88 : can't ignore the fact that I use slang everyday , but I prefer formal English though . That kind of slang (ya, kinda, gotta, coz, dunno ... oh whatever more :bored: ) was originated from the lisp of some Mexican-American, African-American, Indian-English people. Do you like it when that habit get into you :emlaugh: ???

Thamiel

凸(  ̄ー ̄)=◯)`ν°)
Staff member
It's me :D. I think this topic also help your english because in Vietnam, there are close test in our exams. So this test may give students experiences to do those. The only problem is that this place is not for chatting. Just do those if you want, just don't waste your time in chatiing.
Have anybody got the answer of bibiut's test?
----------------------------------------------
To be honest, I'm not really interesting in these kind of test. [lolz]

bibiut

But... really, people still got lots of problem with their grammar n vocab. Try something different or make it various things. I love the vocab tests, like matching the meanings and the words or finding words, ye ye stuff like that :D

Thamiel

凸(  ̄ー ̄)=◯)`ν°)
Staff member
make it more complicated like in addition to 5~7 choices, you can add some synonym, antonym, word's family...to make people confused. It would be more challenging, exciting and better cause 5~7 choices it's too easy for people to guest :D.
---------
if nobody like to participate in this topic, it's likely to be closed within 15 days :p